about 2 months ago
There are two weeks left to enter your submission to the Automate for Good hackathon. Submissions are due Monday, October 25 before 5:00 PM EST.
Your video is a major component of your submission. Here are some helpful tips for you to plan, create, and publish a winning video.
Get organized. Write out a script of what you need to say, demonstrate in your video, and rehearse it before recording. A good script should include:
- A description and demo of your app that is 5 minutes or less.
- Your elevator pitch of why you built your project.
- A demo of your project in action to prove it is a real application, and not just an animation.
- An explanation of which Chef services you used.
- An explanation of how your project brings positive change to our society, our environment, or the global economy.
Start Recording. The great thing about pre-recorded demo videos is that it doesn’t have to be perfect in one shot. Here are some suggestions for recording:
- Use an emulator or create a screencast with audio narration.
- There are many programs that might help you record a presentation such as recording a Zoom meeting presentation.
- Get a friend or family member to watch your video to collect feedback.
Upload. Don't wait until the last minute to upload your video to the correct platform. Uploading could take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours.
- Upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, or Facebook Video.
- Make sure your video is public and playback is allowed so it can be played on other sites.
- Add the link to your video to your project submission.
We can’t wait to see your project and how you showcase it in your video.
Lights, Camera, Action!