DevOps has evolved over the past few years from being just an alternative approach to getting mainstream. Enterprises, startups, and individuals all love using DevOps practices to simplify their existing workflows and reach peak efficiency.
This hackathon invites you to showcase the power of DevOps to the world, and make the world a better place while doing it. This challenge is your chance to exhibit your work in the DevOps ecosystem that is positively impacting our world. You can go a step ahead and create new and innovative solutions to improve our lives, too.
Either way, we are an open community, and everyone is welcome to participate. Have a great idea but can’t execute it by yourself? find someone to team up with. Conversely, if you want to join folks in building something cool, we’ll help you out.
We’re 100% invested in our community, and in building solutions that push us all to do (and be) better. That’s why this hackathon has some fantastic prizes in store for the winners. But that’s not all; everyone participating will stand a chance to win some slick Chef swag!
Enter the race now!
$60,600 in prizes
• $15,000 USD
• $10,000 USD
• $5,000 USD
Best implementation (2)
• iPad Pro
Most promising idea (4)
Submitter Swag Pack (1,000)
• Exclusive swag for every team that sends in an eligible submission
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
What to Build
Build a system of automation that improves the lives of anyone in the DevOps world using at least one of the pieces of Chef’s software suite (Chef Infra, Chef InSpec, Chef Habitat, and Chef Automate)
What to Submit
- Tell us how you used DevOps practices, any of Chef’s software, and any other tools to build your solution
- Explain on a high-level how your solution works and what makes it meet the goal of “Automate for Good”
- Provide the GitHub link to your functioning demo by making your code public or by sharing access with email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (which should include a readme with details for deployment and operation).
- Include a video (about 3 minutes) that demonstrates your submission. Videos must be uploaded to YouTube and made public with the hashtags #ChefHackathon and #AutomateForGood.
DevOps Consultant/Software Engineer, Tap Here! Technologies
Senior Developer Advocate, Chef
Product Owner, Chef
Principal Software Engineer, Chef
Mgr DevRel and Community, Chef
Sudharshan Kaushik Kannan
Product Manager, Chef
SVP, General Manager, Chef
Does the solution abide or further the best practices in the DevOps philosophy?
Implementation and Use of Chef Software
How well or innovatively were the Chef products used to build the solution?
Business or use-case viability
Does the solution solve a real world problem (business or otherwise). Does it do it effectively and efficiently?
Quality of the Idea
Is the idea thought-through and withstand the stress of time and scale? Is it scalable?